Thursday, November 8, 2012

Tele-Monster


Young people watching television, France, 1954 Anonyme
Young people in France watching television, 1954, by Anonyme


















(Be prepared: This post really has nothing to do with anything local.)

So we like to watch a little TV at our house. It's not the cool thing to do, but I sure do like it. I've heard it suggested that people in Boulder don't have TV's just so they can tell you about how they don't have a TV. This is totally true. I even brag about the days when I didn't have TV. Although the truth is that I couldn't afford it. It wasn't that I was so far above having cable, my roommates and I were just too broke.

We dig the crime dramas at our house - Castle, Law & Order, Blue Bloods. Sometimes the TV gets stuck on Food Network - Restaurant: Impossible, Chopped, Triple D. You really can't beat Saturday and Sunday morning HGTV (Yard Crashers!). And of course, there's my own guilty pleasure Gossip Girl.

Jason suggested we schedule a TV-free evening. I'd been thinking about this as well. And to be honest, we're both a little nervous. We'll make dinner and eat it at the dining room table. Do people do that?

I'd love to hear how your family manages a TV-free evening. (And I'd also like to hear about your favorite shows!) Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment